Sunday, February 1, 2009

...this one's gone to pieces, this one's fallen apart



EX SPECTATOR - set from decolonise fest.
Photo by Lena, recording by the very very awesome dudes from the very very awesome Truth From Facts [http://www.truthfromfacts.org].
This is Expect Potaters playing at Decolonise fest, 24th January 2009. This show was so fucking rad dude. It was like 45 degrees inside the warehouse (no shit, tin roof, no insulation, hot day) so our guitars kept going out of tune, which meant lots of tuning breaks, which meant me running my mouth too much on the microphone. But if I sound like I'm gushing, that's because I was...it was such a good show, such a fun weekend and the people who put us up were all such ragers.
It's only one big file, I haven't got anything at work to chop it up. I'll do something about that later in the week but hey. I'm pretty excited about it; the sound drops in an out a bit, we play pretty loud and the built in mic in the recorder Alain had didn't like that much; there's a big pause in one song where Kirk changes a kick pedal, and I played the sloppiest I ever have but fuck it, it was fun. Enjoy.
Oh and a special huge thanks to Alain and Truth From Facts dudes for recording this, then for going to the time to rescue the file after he lost it, fix it all up and send it to me. Ruling dude. And of course if they ever read this, Alex, Lena, Louise, Ryan and Stella for letting us stay at their house and letting us play in their living room.
Intro
You are not anything different
Angry ghosts of the war memorial
Senderos [Born Against]
Live without dead time [Sean’s vocals aren’t loud enough mix]
It’s complicated…[broken kick drum mix]
Pregnant sounds [Dase forgets the last part mix]
Young Arsenal [Torches to Rome, ftg Alex!]
Windschuttle’s Legacy
Our four track demo recordings done by Dennis and a whole bunch of videos from different shows by Tim and other people are on our myspace, http://www.myspace.com/exspectatorband